Carob Zucchini Beet Brownies (Paleo)
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup organic sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup beets, lightly steamed, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess water
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 3 tablespoons honey (you can add more honey to increase sweetness to your liking)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Coconut butter drizzle ingredients:
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Water for consistency
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper or coat the bottom and sides with oil.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the coconut flour, carob powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
3. Add in sunflower seed butter, zucchini, honey, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Mix vigorously until all ingredients are blended together. You can also use a blender for this part if you would like.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until all ingredients are mixed together. Do not over mix!
5. Transfer the mixture and spread evenly in the baking dish.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies have formed a thin crust on top and set in the middle. Insert a toothpick to check the center of the brownies. Remember- the brownies will continue to bake as they sit in the pan in cool.
7. While the brownies are in the oven, prepare the coconut drizzle. Add the coconut butter, honey or maple syrup, and a teaspoon of water to a small stove-pot. Stir until everything is blended. Add more or less water to get your perfect "frosting" consistency.
8. Once the brownies are done, let them cool for 10-15 minutes. Add coconut drizzle to the top of the brownies, spreading out evenly or drizzling on top.
9. Top with extra carob powder, sprinkling on top to make the brownies look extra sexy!