AIP Plantain Pancakes
Updated: Jun 23, 2020
Ahhh, the power of collagen and plantains! I finally came up with an easy, egg-free, nut-free pancake recipe. It takes 15 minutes to make and requires only 5 ingredients. So delicious!
-2 medium-large ripe plantains, chopped (they will be mostly yellow with some brown spots-about 3-3.5 cups, chopped)
-1/3 cup collagen
-2 tbsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1/8 tsp sea salt
-1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Throw all ingredients into a high-speed blender
2. Blend on high for a couple of minutes until all ingredients are pureed until smooth
3. Heat 1/2 tbs of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat
4. Once heated, add some batter to the skillet and cook about 5-7 minutes on one side before flipping to the other side. I found smaller pancakes are easier to work with (about 1/4 cup of batter is what I used). You may have to spread the batter out a bit to make the pancake thinner-the batter is thick, but oh so tasty! Cook for another 2-3 minutes once flipped.
5. Re-oil the pan as needed after each pancake.
6. Top with coconut butter, maple syrup, fruit, nut/seed butter, or eat plain. They are delicious without. Enjoy!