It's hard to make a piece of fish look appetizing through a phone picture, but I promise you this one is delicious! If you have never been a "fish person," please consider giving this one a try. It's easy and quick to make and it's "less fishy" than other fish recipes! :)
-2, 5-ounce pieces of wild-caught cod
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/4 cup pumpkin seed flour **(see note below)
-1/4 cup fine shredded coconut flakes
-1/8 tsp sea salt
-1/8 tsp black pepper
-1/8 tsp ginger powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.In one bowl, add the olive oil
3. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin seed flour*, coconut flakes, sea salt, black pepper, and ginger powder and stir to combine evenly
4. Take one piece of cod, dip it in the olive oil bowl, soaking throughout. Then, take the cod and dip it in the pumpkin and coconut mixture, covering the entire fish front and back. You may need to sprinkle more on top with your hands.
5. Repeat step 4 for the other piece of cod
6. Place cod on a baking sheet-parchment lined if you're worried about stick!
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until firm. It cooks fast!
8. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, lemon, parsley, etc. Get creative :)
**** I purchased pumpkin seed flour from Azure Market because it looked interesting, but if you have a high-powdered blender or nutri-bullet, you can use pumpkin seeds and grind fine until you have a flour.