Zesty Lemon Ginger Hemp Squares (paleo,nut free,vegan, keto option)
After I posted my last recipe, the dahl soup, I was overwhelmed by the amount of comments I had about the delicious topping recipe I created to "dress the soup." I decided to use the topping ingredients and turn it into a healthy fat, low-carb snack! This is a no-bake recipe, and you only need one bowl and one pan to make this dish. There are vegan and keto options as well. Enjoy!
-1/2 cup hemp seed protein powder/ground hemp seeds
-1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
-1/2 cup, plus 2 tbs coconut flakes
-1 tbs coconut oil
-1 tbs honey (sub maple syrup for vegan, sub stevia for keto option-stevia is strong! Reduce to your liking)
-1 tbs chopped ginger, finely chopped
-1/2 tbs lemon juice
-1 tbs lemon zest
-1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Stir aggressively until all ingredients are mixed together.
3. Spoon the mixture into a very small, baking pan lined with parchment paper. Optional- top with a sprinkle of hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and lemon zest.
4. Place in the fridge overnight, or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and cut into squares.
6. That's it! Simple as that!