Thai Curry Chicken Salad (AIP, whole30, lowfodmap, SCD)
Updated: Sep 23, 2018
I love thai food! And I love me some chicken salad! :) Put both together and you have a fabulous creation of thai curry chicken salad. My favorite fall squash is a kabocha squash (also known as a Japanese pumpkin). It is incredibly creamy and delicious! I wanted to be able to use squash as the base of my chicken salad, rather than mayo or avocados. After some experimentation, I think I finally got the dressing dialed. Let me know what you think!
Ingredients for chicken salad:
-3 cups diced chicken breast or chicken thigh or a combo of both (about 1.5 pounds)
-1 medium daikon radish, chopped
-.5 (change) cup red cabbage, chopped (bake to aide digestion!)
-2 large carrots, chopped
-2 large stalks of celery, chopped
-3 green onions, chopped (greens only for lowfodmap or omit all together)
-1 cup cilantro
Ingredients for dressing:
-1 cup kabocha squash, cooked (baked or steamed would be fine)
-3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk (you can sub avocado if sensitive to coconut)
-1 tablespoon olive oil (or garlic infused olive oil)
-1 tablespoon coconut aminos
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-.5 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
-.5 tsp fish sauce
-.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
-.5 teaspoon ground ginger
-.5 teaspoon garlic powder or use garlic infused olive oil above for low fodmap)
-sea salt to taste
1. For the salad, mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (I chose the vegetables listed above for my salad, but feel free to experiment with others)
2. For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and mix until blended well. If you are using avocado, you may need to add some water to help the consistency.
3. Transfer the blended ingredients to the chicken salad and mix well until salad ingredients are covered thoroughly.
4. Add sea salt to your liking and extra spices to your liking
5. Top with extra cilantro. Serve on top of an avocado, bed of lettuce, chopped veggies, toast, chips, etc. The options are endless!