When following an autoimmune paleo (AIP) diet, breakfast foods can be difficult to prepare, considering eggs are prohibited in the elimination phase. Often times for breakfast, I will eat a source of protein with a ton of veggies and healthy fats on the side. Although I love that basic meal, it is nice to have some variety in the morning.
Behold, my grain free oatmeal! I literally threw ingredients into a stove pot one morning, crossing my fingers it would taste okay. It turned out to be a wonderful creation! If you prepare the ingredients ahead of time, it will only take you 5-10 minutes to make.
-1.5 cups cooked spaghetti squash
-1/2 cup tigernut flour
-2 cups cauliflower, lightly steamed
-1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 scoops collagen peptides
-cinnamon and sea salt to taste
1. On medium heat, add all ingredients to a stove pot.
2. Using an immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients until you have an oatmeal consistency. You can also start by adding all ingredients to a standing blender, then transferring to the stove once it is blended.
3. Let it heat for 5 minutes.
4. It is seriously that simple! Add whatever toppings you desire. I added blueberries, coconut butter and cinnamon to mine