This is a quick, go-to meal of mine whenever I'm camping, starving, or want a pasta fix. It only takes 15 minutes to make, especially if the basil pesto is prepared ahead of time. I've also added some chicken sausage or another protein of choice. Make sure to add your favorite sauteed veggies for extra minerals and vitamins!
Ingredients for Basil Pesto:
-1 cup fresh basil
-1/2 cup radish leaves
-1/2 cup cilantro
-2 tbs olive oil
-1 tbs lemon juice
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 tsp garlic infused olive oil (optional)
-2 tbs pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (optional)
1. Prepare the lentil pasta by following the directions on the back.
2. While the noodles are cooking, prepare the basil pesto by adding all ingredients to a high-powdered blender and blending until a creamy texture is formed.
3. Prepare your favorite sauteed veggies in a skillet.
4. When the noodles are soft, drain in a strainer. Add the noodles, veggies, and sauce to the pot and stir.
5. Simple as that. Yum! Your meal is ready!